Wednesday, October 6, 2010

One Cool Dude

Several weeks ago I was performing my "Courier" duties on my part time job at the local motorcycle shop.  A light rain was falling when I returned to the shop parking lot after making a run to the local bank.  When I got out of the truck, I put the satchel over my head and walked the 40 or so feet to the door before I could get out of the rain. 

A little while later one of my co-workers that is about half my age, came up to me and said, "Mr. Jim you are really cool". "I mean, you are a cool dude."  After checking to make sure that my wallet was still in my pocket, I asked, "What are you talking about?"  He remarked that he had watched me get out of the truck and in spite of the rain, just casually walked to the front door without getting in any hurry or showing any concern for the rain.  He was impressed with my "No Fear" demeanor.

After thinking about what he said, I said thanks and walked off.   I decided not to tell him that I was too crippled to run and just let the "Cool Dude" tag ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment