Saturday, December 21, 2013

I Yam What I Yam!


I don't like sweet potatoes!  Never have, never will.  I don't like the look of them.  I don't like the texture. I think they are vile and disgusting.  I don't care how you cook 'em, I ain't eatin' 'em!!

 


Until now I have never gone public with my distaste of the sweet potato.  I have many friends, relatives and acquaintances that like them.  I have never attempted to dissuade anyone from eating
them.  Any time someone has offered me a sweet potato dish, I politely say, "No thank you" and eat something else.  Today,  I just felt like proclaiming my dislike of this particular legume.  I recognize that in expressing my personal opinion I might be subject to some negative feedback. Paula Deen could "de-friend" me on Facebook..  I could be denied service at Aunt Bea's Southern Diner in Beauregard Parrish.  Or, even called an "anti-yamite". That is their right.  But, the facts are I still won't eat sweet potatoes.  And, I won't care if others do.

Everyone has the right to their own culinary pleasures.  Everyone has the right to express their opinions about food.  But, they don't have the right to force feed what they like to some one that doesn't like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment