Sunday, December 18, 2016

Shopping Ain't For Sissies

Due to circumstances beyond by control, I did all of the Christmas shopping this year.  I would usually buy a couple of gifts and watch while everyone else tried to decide what to buy grandkids, how much money to spend and where to go.  This year it was my turn.

I had not been in the mall for nearly ten years.  That streak was to end in 2016.  I had no idea how many stores were in there.  Not to mention how big that structure is once you get inside.  Not only are there a bunch of stores, but there are booths all down the middle.  People tending these business are like the hawkers at the county fair.  They are aggressive and insist you look, listen or taste their product. 

And the people, they were everywhere.  There were some in a hurry.  Some in large groups. Some just sitting there waiting for someone to finish shopping or just there for the entertainment. Some that looked like they got kicked off Duck Dynasty.  Some wearing less clothes than they should. Some in good moods and some not so good. 

The traffic was horrendous.  Vehicles parked everywhere.  I found a reasonable spot at the end of the mall and went in the store entrance where I expected what I was looking for.  Turns out they didn't have it and suggested another store.  No luck there either, By the time I had exhausted all of my leads I was at the other end of the mall.  I must have walked two miles.  Now it was time to find my way back.  I got to the store I had entered and exited to the parking lot.

Now, the real trouble begins.  I forgot where I parked my car.  I looked where I thought it was but no luck.  I was pushing the alarm button on my key chain but no alarm could be heard.  I finally realized that probably wasn't the entrance I came in.  So I walked outside the building and lo and behold there was another entrance.   Finally I found my truck and went home.  I was exhausted.

Shopping ain't for sissies.  Next year I'm gonna learn how to do that on-line shopping thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment