Monday, July 16, 2012

Scars Are Tattoos With Better Stories

Last week one of my co-workers got a new tattoo.  It was her second tattoo.  The first one she got about nine months earlier.  The interesting thing was she was 49 years old before she got the first one and the second came a week after her 50th birthday.  She told me that once she got the first one, she just had to get another one.  I have heard many people say, that once you get one, you immediately want another one.  Her boyfriend isn't too thrilled and she plans to hide them from her Mother.

My office mate has several tattoos.  The last one was designed to honored a friend that passed away at an early age.  It included images that celebrated their special relationship. 


 


Dragon
Some of the tattoos have specific meaning and some just like the design. 





Half of the tattoos are on women and half on men.  Most are not visible unless you ask to see them
As for myself, I have no tattoos, just scars.  Once while sitting in my chair while wearing shorts,
my daughter looked at my knees and said, "Dad, if you had one more scar, we could play tic tac toe.



Scars from five surgeries.  Two football, two from being clumsy and one from a knee replacement

No comments:

Post a Comment